Monday, April 15, 2024

 I am good at what I do.   That isn't necessarily boastful...but it is true.  Did I just jump into knitting and turn cables like a champ?   Not really.   I cannot tell you how many times I tossed that crappy Red Heart worsted weight on the US 8 14" straight needles.  I can absolutely picture it, to this day... it was *dreadful*.  Extra stitches, wiggly sides...  Hell, one piece I'd tried, had this weird triangle thing going on.   Thinking back, I was splitting the plies of the yarn, thus adding many MANY extra stitches LOL     I wont say I'm cheap, but I'm very frugal.   I folded the pointy edge of that dreadful triangle  to the inside, used it for a drawstring channel, and sewed the sides up... my elder daughter's American Girl doll got a horrid green skirt  LOL

Why do I mention this?   We all start somewhere.   That little doll skirt was made twenty seven years ago!  Where the hell did the time go?!    I'm appalled that, sitting here, i had to do that math  ...   And yet, here I am...still knitting...  

A week ago, tomorrow (Tuesday), I picked up a bag of yarn, with only the collar of a top-down pullover completed.   The knitter, a lovely lady who is NINETY FOUR (!) wants it just done and over.   It started as a KAL (knit-a-long) with her friend-group.  Everyone else is done, and she's just not feeling it.  After a follow-up text to confirm sizing, I picked up where she left off.  

I bound off at just about 2am friday morning.  

40" finished bust, US 8's, in the round.  



This is before it went to the bath :)  


The Bath...   While this piece is a cotton blend (WEBS' Valley Yarns Gretchen), I did use Eucalan in a cool sink-full of water.  I let it soak, gave it a swish, and squeezed the water out.  I laid the piece flat, used a yard stick to check sizing, and let it air dry in the shade outside.  Its been a beautiful few days... and the light breeze helped move things along.




And this is what the sweater looks like on the boards :) 

For something that only took about 52 hours total, start to finish, with sleeping and meals, and naps!

I'll be dropping this off to her tomorrow.. exactly a week since I picked it up from her.

I hope she likes it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment